Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE specia

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE special ; -)
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:21:27 +0200

> Le 13 avr. 2018 à 06:40, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> On 4/6/2018 11:35 PM, Philippe wrote:
>> Sometimes you’re lucky, one day you happen on a human pyramid in Barcelona,
>> another day on this in Chiang Mai, or the goodness of leaving home :-)
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Thailand/2018-Tha__lande-PA-0824.jpg.html
>>
>> Keep clicking the right arrow until you get to the release and relief of the
>> hero of the day.
>
> Great series!

Sorry you were late to the show, I usually take most pixes down after a day or
two for want of space on the Lug … Note that Brian is a real sport and has
already extended my rights in the past. I don’t want either to spoil the Oly
site with fuji snaps ...

>> May be viewed larger.
>
> Have you contemplated posting larger images to start with, and "view (even)
> larger" sizes only occasionally, for special images?

Yes, of course. But here again, I’m currently using 3.92 out of 4 MB storage on
Brian’s site. I know I should put other stuff down but haven’t resolved to do
so yet.
An alternative would be to at long last, create my own site. It’s a bit
technical, and I’m too lazy to do that when the house/park requires much times
and dedication ...

> It's hard for me to imagine who would be viewing on a device that doesn't
> accommodate larger pix. Even phones scale down as needed, no?

Honestly I don’t care about phones, sorry. I’d be shooting Polaroid if that was
the size I meant my snaps to be viewed ;-)
Or, do you remember, those twin square photos to be cut out and shared when you
had those flashcubes film plastic boxes from Kodak ;-)

> The larger images here are 1200x800 px, which is my most often posted size,
> and I've not had anyone say they are too big, occasionally the opposite.

I’m the one who would ask for LARGE in the first instance. I’ll try to amend,
promised!

> OTOH, it's a pain to properly enjoy your best stuff at proper size. So many
> clicks break up the visual flow.

that would imply resorting to a site of my own - or scrolling down imperfect
pdf, or ???

Thanks a lot Moose for your honest concerns and feedback. Extremely appreciated
here and I’ll try to solve these over time.

Amities
Philippe