Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE specia

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE special ; -)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 01:33:40 -0700
On 4/12/2018 11:21 PM, Philippe wrote:

Le 13 avr. 2018 à 06:40, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On 4/6/2018 11:35 PM, Philippe wrote:
Sometimes you’re lucky, one day you happen on a human pyramid in Barcelona,
another day on this in Chiang Mai, or the goodness of leaving home :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Thailand/2018-Tha__lande-PA-0824.jpg.html

Keep clicking the right arrow until you get to the release and relief of the
hero of the day.
Great series!
Sorry you were late to the show,

Oh, I saw it all. Just didn't comment until now.

I usually take most pixes down after a day or two for want of space on the Lug … Note
that Brian is a real sport and has already extended my rights in the past. I don’t
want either to spoil the Oly site with fuji snaps ...

May be viewed larger.
Have you contemplated posting larger images to start with, and "view (even)
larger" sizes only occasionally, for special images?
Yes, of course. But here again, I’m currently using 3.92 out of 4 MB storage on
Brian’s site. I know I should put other stuff down but haven’t resolved to do so yet.

My goodness! What a small space! I know nothing about the LUG, or this Brian fellow, but that kind of space is soooo last century. Can't he get more space? I just checked. It seems my provider has doubled the limits again. I have 5.1 GB on my site, or 5% of the 100GB I have available. Usage hardly shows up against the 1 TB allowance, less than 1%.

I use ICDSoft, $72/yr and imagine that Ken's host, Rapidgator, is as good or better. I've just stuck with what has worked reliably for me for years.

An alternative would be to at long last, create my own site. It’s a bit technical, and
I’m too lazy to do that when the house/park requires much times and dedication ...

Depends on what you want to do. My Singapore site was very quick and easy to set up. Not as fancy as the LUG or Zone-10 sites, but it works well for the simple purpose of displaying galleries of photos. I've added to the default display of EXIF data, even links GPS to Google Maps. That's available as well.

Waaay quicker to add galleries and large numbers of photos than Zone-10.

It's hard for me to imagine who would be viewing on a device that doesn't
accommodate larger pix. Even phones scale down as needed, no?
Honestly I don’t care about phones, sorry.

Nor do I; just didn't know your limitation was storage space.

I’d be shooting Polaroid if that was the size I meant my snaps to be viewed ;-)
Or, do you remember, those twin square photos to be cut out and shared when you
had those flashcubes film plastic boxes from Kodak ;-)

Never did. Shot at first with dad's Topcon, then Nikon Ftn. Stretched to get my own Nikon, then went OM-1. Many years of little photography other than vacation and family events during the years of life business, but all with OM-2n and XA.

The larger images here are 1200x800 px, which is my most often posted size, and
I've not had anyone say they are too big, occasionally the opposite.

I’m the one who would ask for LARGE in the first instance. I’ll try to amend,
promised!

OTOH, it's a pain to properly enjoy your best stuff at proper size. So many
clicks break up the visual flow.

that would imply resorting to a site of my own - or scrolling down imperfect
pdf, or ???

Thanks a lot Moose for your honest concerns and feedback. Extremely appreciated here
and I’ll try to solve these over time.

There are lots of sites that have gallery software that's easy to use, I just don't know much, anything about them. SmugMug looks good. I'm thinking of going there for a Bhutan gallery, to allow browsing by keyword, etc.

Spacious Moose