Re: [OM] About time

Subject: Re: [OM] About time
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:56:11 -0800
On 2/21/2018 7:06 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Yup.

What Raw converter did you use for the first one? "Software Version 3" and "Sharpening : Standard" have me guessing Viewer 3? I think "Standard" sharpening is some modest amount. ACR/LR also apply some sharpening by default. DxO does not. So to compare them, you need to add sharpening in DxO or turn it off in the others.
Half Tack Moose

First posted were jpg's out of the camera, minor edits/LCE/resize in Faststone. Second were orf to DxO, then to Faststone for resize etc.

An answer, then. The JPEGs were sharpened in camera, DxO doesn't, unless you do
it yourself.

FastStone resizing has the option to sharpen, too. Don't know where you have that set, but going into that process, the JPEG was already more sharpened.

Curious why switching to FS for resizing from the ORF, when that can be done by
DxO without another step. Habit, I'd guess.

Razor Moose