Re: [OM] Feline Parole

Subject: Re: [OM] Feline Parole
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:13:38 -0800
On 11/16/2017 10:12 PM, Moose wrote:
On 11/15/2017 10:21 PM, Philippe wrote:
Great collection of a great trip -

Thanks!

I was happy to have a glimpse at Mike too :-)

Mike and I found ourselves facing off with long FLs more than once. Here, 400
mm, at least on my part, at about 20 paces.

This time, he blinked first, so I got a casual shot with his face visible. :-)

Wonderful people, landscapes and colours btw.

We loved the people we met, it's a very mountainous, beautiful country and they like colorful fabrics. Oly and I can take credit for getting the colors right.

And an invitation to treat indeed, all the more so as they're apparently smartphone free folks, and this is such a visual relief :-)

That's largely on me, I'm afraid, editing when shooting, then when processing. At that, there are two shots with a total of three smartphones in them in the potpourri so far. Cell phone coverage is much broader than I expected, and smartphones are pretty common in the areas with coverage.

One of the Potpourri images is of a monk apparently looking chagrined to be caught in a photo using his cellphone. I kind of doubt it, unless it's some local rule, as we saw monks from adult through young kids with cellphones. But the expression makes the photo. ;-)

Makes sense. Years ago, cell phone tech saved Mexico City from communication melt down. The old land line system was deteriorating faster than they could fix it up, let alone meet the incredible backlog of new service demand. Bhutan is lightly populated, the clumps are separated by very mountainous terrain and the 'National Highway' that connects all the population centers is very tortuous. I imagine that they are using some kind of satellite links to provide local cell service in most of those small to tiny places.

Keep them coming Moose!

Aye, Aye, Cap'n

Love them all Philippe

Yay!!