Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 13:26:09 -0800
On 11/6/2017 10:56 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
As to the sRGB and aRGB, I expected they will look the same when they are view under the same monitor profile. For example the sRGB version view with an sRGB monitor and the aRGB version converted to sRGB and view with the same monitor.

That's what I expected, too. That's what color profiles SHOULD do.

BUT, it is NOT what Oly does, in their JPEGs and their Raw converters. (The
versions I used are Master 2 and Viewer 3)

I don't know if there is any conversion of image B to any profile as there is no profile embedded on the images so Chrome cannot convert the profile.

The missing profiles are my mistake. I've re-saved with profiles, added identifying labels and added sRGB for the E-M5 II. It also displays properly in Chrome. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Sensor%20Color/PB050015comp.htm>

All the aRGB versions were converted to sRGB in PS, which (as profile conversion should) retains their color differences from the original sRGB versions, then saved as sRGB for viewing.

As you can see, in all three cases, the sRGB version adds red/warmth to the
aRGB versions.

So how can I add an sRGB version from the E-M5 II, when I didn't shoot one in sRGB? I shot ORF+JPEG, with aRGB set in the camera. Open the ORF file in Viewer 3, click sRGB in the edit view, and the colors change! Then save as a JPEG.

I've tried this with ORF files where I shot both sRGB and aRGB camera settings. The converted Raw files look identical to the out of camera JPEGs. Either ORF file may be set to either color space, and will match the camera JPEG of that color space.

Blinded by the Color Moose