Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 22:16:58 -0800
On 11/6/2017 10:00 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Ah. aRGB. That evil thing.

As to the Canon picks, you know I don't ever read the instructions, Right?

Yup!

Well, The E-300 also has a bloody good sensor. :)  You know that I
screamed for a couple of years that they should have done an E-1 Mk2
with that sensor. But this all makes sense because the in-camera JPEGs
were slightly amped up in the consumer cameras as opposed to the pro
cameras in those days. The RAW files are normal, though.

Unless you convert them in Oly software.

E definitely had a certain CMOS look to it that just didn't let the
shadows do what shadows want to do. It's E64 in a Provia world.

The first one has a little bit of "haze" over it compared to the
others. This is something I've seen with my E-1s, but I always twerk
my images to de-haze whatever is there.

Here, I wasn't concerned with any of that, only color, so I did none of my own
versions of magic. ;-)

I believe that the haze is actually caused by the dithering algorithm.

I've been scorching my cameras with billions of reflected photons from
the mountains here. The 14-42, while decent, isn't a 14-54. I'd like
to get one before spring.

It does seem a nice lens. Out resolves the E-1 sensor by at least a couple of orders of magnitude. Even downsampled to E-1 size, shots on the E-M5 II are clearly sharper.

There may be a deal to be made. I'm not in very deep for the two bodies, lens and bits and pieces. I just had to know what the fruck was going on. :-)

Wheeling Moose