Re: [OM] Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:37:01 -0700
On 10/30/2017 2:22 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Thanks.  I'm printing that out.  I still have the book on layers that I
need to work my way through.

A whole book? I'd never get through that. I get bored even with short web tutorials rather quickly. Make a copy layer. Do something drastic to it. Give it a mask. Paint on the mask with black and white brushes. Change brush flow %. You'll learn more practical feeling for layers and masks in ten minutes than in lots of reading. It's fun, too!

I never think about layers

I ALWAYS use layers. For example, to use Curves, I click on an Action that copies the active layer, renames it "Curves" and opens the Curves dialog box. Same for the other tools I regularly use. Non-destructive, wildly flexible and capable.

and usually end up using the history brush instead.

Never have. No need.

Layered Moose