Re: [OM] Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:17:40 -0700
On 10/30/2017 11:52 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
Hi, Moose -

I didn't get your improved file. How did you do that?

In PS, one layer of FocusMagic, 1 pixel, 60% opacity. Another layer, 2 pixel radius, painted in around eyes, tip of nose, lips. (And remove shmutz on eyelid.)

This is not new stuff. Sharpening eyes, brows, lips/teeth, makes the whole
image seem sharper, without overdoing skin.

Usually, the first layer might be slightly blurred/softened. Some "automatic" glamor apps do the same basic thing, with (semi) automatic selection of the features. Here, I sharpened because it was already softened by OoF - and her skin can easily take it.

It's a subtle difference, but I can see it.

Its meant to be subtle. Make her portrait better without being obvious. Had I know it was for reduced reproduction, I'd have been slightly less subtle. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/Beauty.htm>

For unsubtle, call Anchorage, ask for Ken, the man with dents in the ends of
his LR sliders. :-)

Sharp Eyed Moose