Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 02:56:00 +0000
Saw that news item earlier, but thanks for the link to that one, which had
better pictures.

We have some 300+ days of sun here. About to get our most likely month for
rain, as we head into September. That depends, however, on how much action
there is in the Pacific, and whether it's enough to push moisture over the
mountains to here.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:22 PM Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      Wow, that's really dry.  Speaking of which, the Atacama Desert in
> Chile had an unexpected rain event and busrt into bloom:
>
> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41021774
>

> >That's about 10 times the annual rainfall here in San Felipe, Baja.
> >
> >>      According to the latest NHC forecast, which was posted minutes ago,
> >> Harvey will make landfall near Corpus Christi as a weak category 3
> >> hurricane, go inland for a few miles, then turn back out into the Gulf
> of
> >> Mexico and travel eastward along the coast as a tropical storm.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --
>
> --
---