Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey
From: Bill Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:29:48 -0400
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>
The piece of this disaster that may at this point be missing for the casual
observer is the demographics of Corpus Christi. The median household income is
approximately $50,000. The median home sale is about $90,000.  There are many
folks with limited resources and options facing a huge potential disaster. I
think most would agree a similar situation existed with Katrina.  My hope and
prayers are that somehow the people along the gulf coast are able to dodge the
bullet with this one and it isn't as bad as the projections. We have a couple
who evacuated from Rockport  arriving in a few minutes. We offered lodging to
two other couples who plan to "ride it out" which is not an uncommon position
many take. Our prayers are with all who find themselves in the path of this
storm. Bill "High and Dry at 1100 ft above sea level" Barber