Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Harvey
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:51:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>
     Pretty much the case throughout Bubbaland.  The refineries around
Galveston Bay and elsewhere will be impacted, and that will be felt over a very
wide area.  We get most of our gasoline and other petroleum products by way of
a Kinder Morgan pipeline from El Paso, and a lesser amount from California.
That 12-inch Kinder Morgan pipeline ruptured about 12 years ago just north of
Tucson, and gas prices here doubled overnight.  If you could find any gas.

>The piece of this disaster that may at this point be missing for the
>casual observer is the demographics of Corpus Christi. The median
>household income is approximately $50,000. The median home sale is
>about $90,000.  There are many folks with limited resources and
>options facing a huge potential disaster. I think most would agree a
>similar situation existed with Katrina.  My hope and prayers are that
>somehow the people along the gulf coast are able to dodge the bullet
>with this one and it isn't as bad as the projections. We have a couple
>who evacuated from Rockport  arriving in a few minutes. We offered
>lodging to two other couples who plan to "ride it out" which is not an
>uncommon position many take. Our prayers are with all who find
>themselves in the path of this storm. Bill "High and Dry at 1100 ft
>above sea level" Barber

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson