Re: [OM] Three days and finally no smoke

Subject: Re: [OM] Three days and finally no smoke
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 11:12:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Well, I'm quite surprised.  Seems that all sorts of fruit are grown in BC
by way of training on trellises.  There is a "BC Fruit Production Guide"
available online in PDF format, but requires setting up an account to be able
to download.  Other sites describe growing paw-paw, kiwi, and other fruits by
this method in BC, including peaches.

>     Hmmm...  That practice exists all over France.  I haven't seen it
>since we left there in 1965.  It was done mostly with apples, usually
>with a green cooking variety.  I remember holding one that was about
>eight inches across.
>
>     Wouldn't BC be too cold for peaches?  Even apples and pears have
>difficulty with freezing in spring.
>
>     Could they perhaps be kiwi fruit?
>

>>I was trying to figure out what those orchards of fruit were. They
>>looked kinda like dwarf peaches. or something. Narrow rows of maybe
>>8-foot high plants, tied up like grapes, but had peach-like fruit
>>growing on them.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson