[OM] Three days and finally no smoke

Subject: [OM] Three days and finally no smoke
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:33:08 -0500
It took us all the way to Prince George, but we're finally smoke free.
It was really bad with visibility down to a quarter mile in places.
However, it wasn't all bad as it helped mask the odor from the pulp
mills.

I finally snagged Idaho, which completes the lower-48 for me. With
Alaska in a few days, the only one left is Hawaii.

Not many pictures, so far, as the visibility was so bad and we
averaged over 750 miles for each of these three days. Our pace will
slow dramatically now. We're taking BC-37 north. (Cassien Highway). At
this point, once we start hitting scenic stuff, we'll hit the cameras
hard.

Of what we've been able to see, BC is absolutely beautiful. The lakes
region is stunning and reminds me of Lake Geneva in Switzerland.

I was trying to figure out what those orchards of fruit were. They
looked kinda like dwarf peaches. or something. Narrow rows of maybe
8-foot high plants, tied up like grapes, but had peach-like fruit
growing on them.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx