Re: [OM] Switzerland [was: Donald. (Duck)]

Subject: Re: [OM] Switzerland [was: Donald. (Duck)]
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:50:22 -0400
I recall London in 2006 having a Bud pull at every bar or pub. Wondered about
that. With all the good UK beer, why import Clydesdale urine?

Someone told me it was the same company, but different recipes brewed in the
UK. I never bothered to check. No way was I going to waste a pint of beer on
what in all likelihood was the same old bitter horse piss.

Have not seen Bud in Scotland, but my experiences there have been mostly in
small pubs and inns away from population centers.

On other beer notes, toward the end of a near-perfect motorcycle ride through
the countryside yesterday, I stopped by Oxbow, a local craft brewery that
specializes in Belgian farmhouse beers. I had a glass of one of their new
brews, Space Cowboy, modeled on a French farmhouse recipe. That was some
seriously good beer!

But as always, my favorites continue to be Sam Adams Summer Ale, particularly
if I can find it on tap, Pemaquid Ale, a local craft beer modeled on Scotch
ales, and Fraoch, the Scottish heather beer, which can be hard to find, even in
Scotland.

--Bob Whitmire
Established Neanderthal