Re: [OM] IBIS vs. IBIS It's only a dream.

Subject: Re: [OM] IBIS vs. IBIS It's only a dream.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 12:50:51 -0700
On 5/27/2017 10:25 PM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
People keep complaining about Canon and Nikon sticking to lens-based IS;
your explanation below is a good reason, I think, for C&N to stay with the
in-lens IS, which works well (and can be tailored for the specific lens).

In theory, lens IS only corrects for X-Y movement, while IBIS can add pitch, yaw and roll. Which is part of the reason Oly and Panny have added combined lens and body IS.

In practice, I'm not so sure. When I first got the PLeica 100-400, I played a bit with duplicating hand held shots using OIS or IBIS. I didn't keep notes, and wasn't consistent in which I shot first. I couldn't tell which was which later when looking at them.

Steady On Moose