Re: [OM] IMG: One-Man Roofing Crew

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: One-Man Roofing Crew
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 21:10:02 -0800
On 3/5/2017 8:08 PM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
Love the Benchmade, but well out of my current budget.

That was almost 17 years ago. Seems like more than I would have paid for a knife, but I really don't remember. That may be a collector's price?

My 'good' pocket knife is a CRKT Squid:

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River-Knife-Tool-Folding/dp/B00TFY39EQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488772649&sr=8-1&keywords=squid+knife+crkt
-
a gift from my younger daughter and her hubby.

Good steel, looks like a good knife.

I tried a CRKT assisted opening knife, as I'd always been curious. <http://www.bladehq.com/item--CRKT-Delegate-EDC-Knife-w--7397>

I like the size and the blade shape. I've always been partial to Warncliffe-ish blade shapes. But the mechanism is overdone, to no good purpose I can find. About one time out of five, my thumb doesn't press correctly on the safety release, and I can't open the darn thing. At about the same time I was trying to get used to it, I had a simple, cheap Kershaw (very different blade), usually in another pair of pants. The Kershaw had no fancy opening assist, but was just as fast any easy to open - and I could do it every time. :-)

My good 'big' knife is a Randall No 5 Bradford Angier Special that I've had
for 40+ years.
(Was my Cascade carry - Still has volcano dust from Mt St Helen in the
sheath.)

Oh, I think we may have been to this rodeo before? My knife of that sort is a Navy aviator's knife from WWII. Well, well worn, furthest tip broken off at some point and resharpened, but both sheath and knife still fully functional. I don't really need such a knife these days.

Openly Assisted Moose