Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:02:24 -0500
FYIW -

Mine has a reversible stud 3/8 & 1/4"

On Mar 5, 2017 5:09 PM, "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/5/2017 11:06 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

>       It's a model 035.  Clamps that I have used in the past were only
> good for mounting to flat objects, like chair backs, fence rails, car
> windows, etc.  This one, though, looks like it would also mount securely to
> things like tree branches, pack frames, and other round objects.
>
>       Plenty of them available on evilBay for less than $25, so it looks
> like it would be worth trying.

Careful, not all the eBay listings include the stud. At a quick look, none
of the cheapest ones do. This is a sort of do-everything tool, with mix and
match parts. For your use, you want it with the 'standard', 1/4-20 stud. <
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546356-REG/Manfrotto
_035RL_035RL_Super_Clamp_with.html>

I've had one in my B&H wish list for ages. I suppose after I really need
one, I'll buy it. :-)

All Clamped Up Moose