Re: [OM] OT: High Tech Life

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: High Tech Life
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:53:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Yikes!  There are instructions for almost a dozen versions of
>> Linux.  I guess you should expect that for something that is
>> open-source.
>
>Every Linux distro has an architecture/environment, operational profile
>and security posture that is just a little bit different to it's peers.
>They each have out-of-the-box features and functions aimed at specific
>environments and user types (and I'd not be surprised if some of those
>user types were students of the Marquis de Sade :) ).

     There we have it!  An appropriate name:  Linux de Sade.

>But... as with many things, #%@$wits can get involved in developing
>open-source, too. :)

     No!!!  Really?!?!?!?!?!?

     I'm looking forward to tossing these DVDs into a camp fire.  They make
lots of pretty colours as they send their life-threatening hydrocarbons into
the atmosphere.  I don't want to be responsible for some archaeologits digging
them up in an ancient landfill and then trying to run them.  My conscience will
be clear.

Chris Trask
N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
Senior Member IEEE