Re: [OM] Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:58:43 -0500
Moose:
Thanks for that. I kind of assumed that one could choose either IBIS or dual IS with the 12-100 and 300/4. From what you are saying the E-M1-2 and the E-M5-2 automatically use dual IS with those lenses. I realize that extra-long exposures really only work with static subjects. Nevertheless, the apparent ability to get up to two second exposures hand held would keep the ISO down in dim settings (e.g., churches etc) and more than compensate for the F4 max aperture.

I'd like to cover the 50-100mm FL with a WR lens (i.e., beyond the 12-50 that I already have). The cheapest option seems to be the Panny 35-100/2.8, which is quite small. While the 12-50 and 35-100 combined weigh pretty much the same as the 12-100 alone, the weight on the camera is quite a bit less. The 12-100, while an ideal FL and with seemingly excellent IQ, appears to be a 'big' lens and is considerably more expensive at this time. There's also the 40-150/2.8, but that's even bigger and as expensive.

Martin