Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7

Subject: Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:32:55 -0800
I thought that you had to have a valid copy of XP to run it in the Virtual environment?

Anyway I have an XP home disk w/key that you can have and a full iso of Win7prox64 but no key. I'm still running it. :)

Is this what you are talking about Moose?

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3702
    Windows Virtual PC is the latest Microsoft virtualization
    technology. You can use it to run more than one operating system
    at the same time on one computer, and to run many productivity
    applications on a virtual Windows environment, with a single
    click, directly from a computer running Windows 7.

    Windows Virtual PC supports the following Host and Guest Operating
    systems:
      o *Host: *Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows
        7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise.
      o *Guest: *Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Professional, Windows
        Vista Enterprise Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Ultimate
        Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1
        (SP1), Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7
        Enterprise.
    *Note:* Virtual application feature not supported on Windows Vista
    Business Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows 7 Professional edition.

Version: 6.1.7600.16393    2/14/2011

File Name:

Windows6.1-KB958559-x86-RefreshPkg.msu    15.3 MB

Windows6.1-KB958559-x64-RefreshPkg.msu    16.3 MB

Date Published:    2/14/2011

  * Double click on the update package (Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu or
    Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu) and follow the instructions. Reboot
    your system to complete installation.