Re: [OM] OT: Cycling

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cycling
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:31:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I do recall hearing about this on the evening news.  It's a wonderful
achievement.  Thumbs up on the diet, especially the glass of red wine.

     Guess I'm on the right path, then.  When the weather is suitable I'll
cycle 15-40 miles in a single trip, sometimes doing two 12-15 mile trips in a
single day.  There are some places where the surface is smooth enough to pull
out the stops, and I can bring my cadence up to 80-90.  Because of my gearing,
my speed only attains 20-25 MPH.

     On my 27-pound 1984 Nishili I can sustain 15 MPH for one hour.  It has a
52-tooth chainring and a 13-tooth freewheel sprocket for that speed.

     I can probably go faster on my 24-pound Fuji.  I'll have to try that some
early morning when the weather is warmer.

>Trolling some online newspapers today I came across this piece which
>might be of interest to those list members who are cyclists :
>
>http://tinyurl.com/grvhbhw

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac