Re: [OM] New tutorial on my photo lessons website

Subject: Re: [OM] New tutorial on my photo lessons website
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 20:27:04 -0800
On 2/3/2017 3:31 PM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
Moose,

The older versions of the WhiBal were made with the color all the way
through, but the current one (which I have) is not made that way. I have
it in my hand right now, The core and back are one color, the front
surface is another.

A step back! I wonder why. Both of mine are one, solid color.

Perhaps you should drop them a line about changing the description on their web
site.

Your tutorial, esp. the last page, reminded me of a quote from Galen Rowell.

"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it"

I recently picked up an inexpensive one from Porta-Brace. Just a simple piece of solid plastic, 6x9", 0.7 mm thick, somewhat translucent, matte one side, shiny the other.

Haven't yet tried it out. If it's decent, I'm thinking of cutting it up into credit card sized pieces to stuff into various bags, etc. Or just use it as a big one or two that I don't have to worry about messing up.

Moose