Re: [OM] OT: Processing Fuji X-T2 Raw files in LR 6

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Processing Fuji X-T2 Raw files in LR 6
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:40:36 -0600
> I think the luminance noise reduction is whats taking the magic sauce (as ag
> would say) away from the raw files compared to jpegs which is why i tried
> with dfine2 - somewhere I think i have noise ninja, maybe I try with that.

With little exception, I'm cranking the snot out of the chroma noise
reduction in LR, but am very careful about the luminance noise
reduction. Unless I want my pictures looking like they're covered in
Saran Wrap, I rarely go above 25 on that slider. But, keep in mind
that I'm pretty aggressive with the sharpening. I usually set
sharpening first and then adjust the noise reduction to get my grit
under control. Others set the noise reduction first and then try to
sharpen up what's left.

The big difference that I'm seeing in LR has to do with the Canon 6D
files. If I use the Adobe profile, it really stinks up the show. But
if I use the Canon profiles, it is actually almost acceptable. With
the Olympus and Panasonic files, I only have Adobe profiles, so I have
to get creative in my adjustments.

AG