[OM] OT: Processing Fuji X-T2 Raw files in LR 6

Subject: [OM] OT: Processing Fuji X-T2 Raw files in LR 6
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 07:31:08 +0100
Hi List, but mainly directed at any Fuji X-T2, X-Pro2 or X100F owners.

Am I the only one who is having difficulty getting god results from the raw X-T2 files in LR 6.8, I am not seeing the sharpness and they seem to be very grainy when compared to the X-T1.

I have found following this advice gave improvements

<http://petebridgwood.com/wp/2016/02/x-pro2-render-my-raw/>

I then tried getting rid of the noise/grain with dfine2 which does clear it up but reduces the sharpness slightly, Ok I admit that may be down to technique or software how are the rest of you dealing with these new generation Fuji raw files in LR

here is an example of the grain that I am seeing at iso 800, it has only been processed using the advice above and cropped - the Woodpecker

<https://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Other/OMlist/i-wLmq587/L> you may need to view it at original size

have I fallen into the clean digital pixel peeping trap and I should embrace the grain as it's more film like.

IanW