[OM] NO IMG: Weather

Subject: [OM] NO IMG: Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:31:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We're at the very start of what will be a week of bad weather out here.  A
light drizzle is already falling, and tonight we're expecting as much as a half
inch of rain.  Tomorrow night is the biggie, where we may have an inch or more.
 This will clear out late Saturday into Sunday, but then there's another storm
arriving on Monday which will give us more rain into Wednesday.

     Flagstaff is expecting as much as two feet of snow, which is significant
for a single storm event.  This may be true all along the Rim Country, probably
into Springerwille and Grier.  Elevations between Flagstaff and Showlow exceed
8,000 feet in a few places.

     It's about time we had some deep snowpack.  Wildfires have decimated the
forest cover, and the lack of sufficient moisture has greatly hampered the
recovery.

     When this last storm breaks out into the Great Plains, you can expect some
severe weather.  Mid-altitude winds will exceed 100 kts, even when the storm
reaches to the Appalachians.

     For Sunday, the weather in Boston should be much better than that of
Atlanta due to a ridge of high pressure over Boston and an Alberta Express over
Atlanta.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson