Re: [OM] Flash!

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 21:29:03 -0800
On 1/14/2017 6:40 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
. . .

And as long as I'm OT - also playing with a "PIXEL" wireless remote shutter
release on my E-1.Works really well,
  even thru the closed patio door (after I remembered to turn the IR
receiver in my direction.)

A little confusing to me. I have a Pixel wireless remote that I use a fair amount and which works perfectly. Cords are available for most camera bodies.

It is not, however, IR, but RF, and works wherever camera and/or remote is facing. Works with remote out of the shoe and dangling. Remote works any old place, often in a pocket.

OTOH, I have IR remotes, tiny little things for triggering Canon or Sony cameras with IR remote capability built in. With them one generally has to be in front of the camera and point the front of the remote at it for them to work. (Exception for close in macro work, where enough IR bounces around to trigger from behind the camera.)

Your post suggests yet a third alternative, an IR receiver which may be aimed separately from the camera, and connected to it with a cord?

Quickly learned that auto focus is not the best solution for bird feeder shots!

Nope, ya gotta pick your focus point in advance.

Back to legacy Zooks.

Nothing wrong with that, but you can use the 4/3 AF lenses in MF mode.

Both items were gifts from my younger daughter and son-in-law, and "very
reasonably priced" @ Amazon.

Nice!

Confusalated Moose