Re: [OM] OT: Car Repairs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Car Repairs
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:27:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Total damages came to $843, and $533 was for the parts, which had to be
brought in from Los Angeles overnight.  The EGR valve, VSV switch, and EGR
modulator had to be replaced, along with a couple of gaskets.  The oxygen
sensors were okay.  Seems that the modulator, which operates off the intake
manifold vacuum, failed, and the two valves overheated and fried.  I never
would have been able to diagnose that on my own.

     The pickup will be 17 years old next week, and that makes this repair cost
average out to just under $50 a year.

>     There's a bit more than the EGR involved.  Something to do with a
>pump of some sort.
>

>>Why on Earth would you pay someone $1000 to replace an EGR valve?? My God.
>>I had one go bad on my previous car, a Chevy Caprice. The part was $50 and
>>it took me less than ten minutes to install.
>>

>Chris
>
>When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>     - Hunter S. Thompson
>--

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson