Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 19:24:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Someone sure does, and they think the same of others everywhere.  I get
calls from people telling me they have a cash-ready buyer for my house.  And I
have about one person a month wanting to buy my truck.  Then there's medicare
scares/scams.  And investment scams.  And charity scams.  Yes, it would be to
their benefit to robotically  monitor house noise, hoping to make that one
score so they can keep their indoor jobs instead of keeping a lamp post warm.

>I'm barely able to stay conscious, thinking about your suspicions! In this
>day and age, when telemarketers robotically call out to the unsuspecting,
>the idea that one is going to devote the incredible amount of resources to
>spend time monitoring your phone for loud noises (not that this is even
>possible!), is mind boggling. What do they do when you fall asleep? Listen
>for the snores?
>
>They must think that you are an incredibly valuable target for a selling
>opportunity.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson