Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again
From: "nataihS" <shinigami@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 00:37:35 +0800 (WST)
Hi Chris,

Unless you are using an old pre 1990's phone which is
susceptible to the old Infinity trick, not to be confused
with the post 1990's infinity off hook bypass cap, you
have nothing to worry about.

Teflon and 2600 I was in the early 80's in Melbourne. Some
of you may know what was happening in that time period,
others, well, that's your problem ;-)

So I at least thing I know more than the average person.
That and the fact I also worked for a telephone company
and ISP many years ago.

If you are using a modern phone the only way someone can
monitor you is if you have given select agencies a reason to
want to monitor you. I've checked, you are not on any
current, or for that matter, past watch list.

Telemarketers will use a smart robo caller to dial your number,
these will record information against your phone number such
as what times you pick the phone up etc.

Even if you do pick the phone up, sometimes you may
find no one at the other end, this is due to the phone
cue in the telemarketers being full. This means there is no
free 'consultant' to 'take' your call. The fact that you picked
up will still be noted and used to establish when you are
home, or not home.

Telemarketer's, as well as those behind scam/spam all know
how to use computers, kiddie scripts, and loose servers
to their advantage. Anyone that knows more either has
larger targets in sight, or could not be bothered with
such menial tasks. Those like me after all these years
find it all so boring, there is no fun in it anymore so we
tend to be involved in other professions now.

Regards