Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Telephone Spying Again
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 09:01:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: Larry Griffin <l_g_griffin@xxxxxxxxx>
     I'll look into that as well.  In the meantime, I've devised a little
experiment to determine if my suspicions are correct.

     This situation occurs when I'm away from the house for a few hours or
more, when there are no sounds such as a radio or television present.  When I
return home and make a loud sound, such as closing the door, the phone rings
almost immediately with a telemarketer on the other end.  THis has happened too
many times to be just a coincidence.

     For this experiment, whenever I'm going to be away from home for a few
hours or more, I'll leave a radio on and place one of the cordless telephone
handsets on top of it.  If my suspicion is correct, this should put an end to
this sort of telemarketer intrusion.

     But the question still remains as how they are able to do this.

>There is another robocall blocker called youmail. There is a free
>version and of course premium versions. You mail blocks all calls not in
>your phone list they go straight to your voice mail. Depending on which
>plan you have you then can have the voice mail emailed to you or,,,,,,
>I've had it on my second phone which doesn't get any robo calls now
>unfortunately that's about all I can say about it. The premium version
>is $5 a month. another choice.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson