[OM] More fun than . . .

Subject: [OM] More fun than . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 16:02:20 -0800
. . . a barrel of monkeys? <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21291>

. . . a photographer should be able to have at home on a dark winter night? <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21293>

I wouldn't put these in the Visual conundrum category, as they are impossible.

Ingredients:

Zuiko Macro 38/2.8
Telescopic Auto Tube 65-116
Macrophoto Stand VST-1 & B Adapter & Extension Bar VST-E (Thanks, Bill!)
OM to Sony E mount adapter
Sony A7
Small LED desk lamp
LED flashlight
Things lying about on my (very) cluttered desk

This whole entertainment factory has a footprint of 5x9" and sits easily in a little space on my desk. With LCD tilted, I can see what I'm doing while comfortably seated. The tiny, simple Sony IR remote works even from behind the camera in these close quarters.

All I've tried so far is 4x.

Things I've learned already:

This is fun. (repeat)
I need finer slices for focus stacking.
Manual focus stacking is less fun.
There is at least one tiny insect wandering around here.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=21384>
Even a tiny insect is tall enough to be slightly OoF above a flat subject.

Next up:
Bellows, for easier, more precise control and rail focus stacking.
60/2.8 Macro on E-M5 II with extension tubes, to try auto focus stacks.

Chuckling Moose