Re: [OM] Advice on OM 7 ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on OM 7 ??
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:47:31 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG asserts:

<<<That said, I'm very impressed with the long-exposures from the A7RII,
<<<but the high-ISO is lacking.

Welllllllll,  I will joyfully concede any digital back sharing a bag with a 3Ti
better be super special.  I am not so sure about your quoted statement.  I so
think the OM A7RII is probably the best dig back for Zuikos for most purposes
and can even get AF with Techartpro adapter.  It is also image stabilized but
only 3 axes for adapted lenses as there is currently no way to tell the cam
what focusing distance is used.  The BSI sensor has superb higher ISO
performance but seems to run hot in a small space.  There was a firmware update
to decrease chroma noise at long exposures but that really is not a solution
for looong exposures.  Using LENR or bulb  (>30sec) results in a 12 bit file
and 1 stop loss of DR.  Though hot pixels etc are mitigated by use of LENR
there is MORE random noise.  There are ways around all this to some degree and
it is a super nice cam but perhaps the next iteration won't run so hot. They
should borrow the wonderful Fuji ergonomics with he Sonny sensor performa
 nce.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/70/1176970.jpg

If you transposed "long-exposure" and "high -ISO" in that sentence, I would not
have anything to say.

If I could raise my left eyebrow like Tim Kaine with that last statement I
would, Mike  (I am able to wiggle my ears though)