Re: [OM] Thoughts on Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on Computers
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:59:11 -0800
I also have the earlier MyBook Live in a 2TB version. Works fine at home, but I must admit I've not used it much.

The reason I picked up the MyCloud NAS was to make stuff available to any computer on the network. Sometimes I like to sit out on the deck in the morning and drink coffee and browse photos. Remote access is possible too but I haven't used that feature yet. Theoretically I can leave the router on while I'm on vacation and upload directly to it. Might work for me if I ever went to places with a decent upload speed. Worth a look for Ag. Otherwise I syncbak to it as well as the remote drives.

On the road I just run Faststone so edits are minimal and USB3 Elements drive and my little tablet is sufficient. Vacations are for enjoying and taking photos and sitting around, not farting around with serious editing with the big guns. YMMV

Mike