[OM] Speaking of Canadians

Subject: [OM] Speaking of Canadians
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:34:03 -0800
The heck with all this political hand wringing.

Leonard Cohen, Transplant from the Great North, went to meet "the Lord of Song" yesterday. <http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/leonard-cohen-dead-at-82-w449792>

There's news about how the world is different than the day before.

I've never found him too dark, nor depressive at all. A clear vision and truth telling about the relationship between light and dark seem to me something we all could use. Thank goodness for recording, so I can still hear not just the words, but that voice delivering them.

His son said "He was writing up until his last moments with his unique brand of
humor."

He said his youthful ambition was to be a successful minor poet - because he couldn't understand the major ones. I'm guessing he won't get a Nobel for his lyrics, but he's right up there for me.

Hallelujah Moose