Re: [OM] Thoughts on Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on Computers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:51:23 -0800
On 11/10/2016 6:21 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
  I'd like a small external storage device that can go with me anywhere,

I travel with one of these. USB3 is reasonably fast enough to work with photos
on the road.

<https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1239056-REG/wd_wdbu6y0020bbkeesn_2tb_elements_portable_hard.html>

I've been using the 1TB version on the road for 3 or 4 years. My netbook+ doesn't have either USB 3 nor the horsepower to really work with images except as an exercise in tedium, but the drive has been perfect for backup. I keep it in separate luggage, etc. from computer and SD cards.

I use this at home (along with external HD's in generic cases) but it is small enough that you could travel with it. Your Sherpa probably wouldn't even notice the extra weight.

<https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1007531-REG/wd_wdbctl0040hwt_nesn_4tb_my_cloud_drive.html>

I also have the earlier MyBook Live in a 2TB version. Works fine at home, but I must admit I've not used it much. A duplicate SSD for cloning a boot drive BU and dup 3TB bare drive for images, together with toasters, have done the job so far.

I'm thinking it's time for a new travel computer . . .

G. A. S. Moose