Re: [OM] OT: high-end compacts?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: high-end compacts?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:52:10 -0600
Stupid question: Why even bother with a high-end compact? Aren't the
latest/greatest cellphones good enough for you? Seriously, though, I
rather like the Sony offerings. But as I'm getting deeper into the
world of video, it makes more sense for me.

The thing about these compacts that bothers me is that even though
they can be outstanding imaging systems, I have this sense of
impending doom about them in that I know, for some odd reason, the
pictures just aren't going to be as good as with a DSLR.

And I absolutely hate zoom lenses that have a maximum aperture of F8
at the long end...

AG Schnozz