Re: [OM] (A Lot of) OM Stuff For Sale (probably)

Subject: Re: [OM] (A Lot of) OM Stuff For Sale (probably)
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 22:46:58 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
ASM writes:
<<<MikeG had a chance to try this with a couple of his MF lenses on the A7. He
found it MUCH easier to focus than on the 5D II, and, I think, quite pleasing
to use.

Yes with mag LV mapped to C1, waaay easier than focusing through OVF on OM5DII
when stopped down.   (easy on OM bodies of course)  Mag LV seemed more accurate
than focus peaking, but not sure about the focus peaking settings.  IBIS would
be welcome of course. Except on a tripod, the Sonny mirrorless is just a better
digital back, IMO.   I am glad Moose brought that along on his journey so could
have some quality time with the A7 and a few OM lenses.   Sonny has a "BIG"
announcement 10/17.  Rumor mill  lists a bunch of possibilities, including an
OMA9 or  OMA7rIII.

Enjoyed reading all the elements in that great KQ  OM kit--reminds one of how
comprehensive the OM system is.  I guess there is no easy way to use the T10
Xpol with the 38/2.8 macro with the resessed threads---unless someone had come
up with some way to extend the threads.  The short working distance may be an
issue too, so Dean's dual T32's might be the only practical way to do Xpol with
it. I would love to be wrong on the latter.

MikeG