Re: [OM] Advise sought on flash for E-3 and maybe M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Advise sought on flash for E-3 and maybe M5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 10:50:13 -0700
On 8/12/2016 3:36 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Pretty much what Moose said.  . . .

I would also highly recommend the use of a remote release such as this one. <https://www.amazon.com/Pixel-Digital-Wireless-Commander-Replaces/dp/B01CJ5TYFA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470995504&sr=8-4&keywords=remote+shutter+release+olympus> I own this one and can guarantee that it works on the E-M5 since that's where I first used it.

I second that recommendation. I have one of those, originally for the E-M5, and it works perfectly. Just used it a little while ago for a simple project. As I already had it at hand, it was quicker than starting up the WiFi app and connection for full remote control. Unlike the earlier, different brand I had for Canon, the connection to the camera is a double ended cable, not hard wired to the unit, and one may get ones for different camera systems.