Re: [OM] another kitty passes...

Subject: Re: [OM] another kitty passes...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:30:31 -0500
Sorry to hear that, David. The hardest thing about living with critters is
that, unless you have a macaw or a tortoise, they always leave before
you're ready for them to.

In the 29 years we've been married, we have never had a cat like Bowie.
He's completely devoted to me - he'll sit on Mom's lap until he hears Dad's
key in the door, or hears my footsteps on the basement stairs. Then he
leaps into action and runs to find me.

And if I'm in the kitchen and want to go downstairs, he can sense that and
runs to the basement door, sitting staring at it, meowing. If I don't let
him come down to my office/studio/shack with me, he just sits there and
meows until I finally go back upstairs and let him come down.

He'll sit on my lap or lie on my feet for hours while I watch TV. Before I
locked all of the cats out of the bedroom, he'd sleep curled up between my
feet or on my arm every night.

Losing him will be incredibly hard. He's the closest thing I've had to a
child.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:35 AM, David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dini was born on our family room floor in 2002 (I do have images from my
> OM10, 50/1.8, T20 somewhere).  She was diagnosed with an aggressive
> bladder tumour a few weeks ago and in the last few days ceased to eat or
> drink, I took Dini to her vet and she confirmed the inevitable. She
> passed peacefully with my eldest son and I holding her.
>
> http://users.tpg.com.au/davidtha/images/Dini.jpg
> (image made circa 2003 with OM10, Zenith 135/3.5, Kodak MAX400)
>
> davidt
>
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline