[OM] FS: Olympus OM4Ti Black (New In Box)

Subject: [OM] FS: Olympus OM4Ti Black (New In Box)
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:14:22 +0100
Hello everyone.

Long-standing members of the list may remember that I posted from time to time in the noughties. Although I have remained a member of the list, the volume of traffic, combined with the fact that "Outlook Express" in Windows 2000 did not thread the posts correctly, meant that I only occasionally perused the posts. For the past twelve years I have used Windows XP, but I only recently discovered that "Outlook Express" in Windows XP DOES thread the posts correctly (doh!).

After much agonising, and even more procrastination, I find that I am now at the point that most of you reached ten years ago, namely I think it unlikely that I will use my OM system again. So it is time for some, most, or all of it to find new homes. I may retain a few items for reasons of nostalgia, but nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

One of the star items in my OM system is undoubtedly a new-in-box OM4Ti Black. New in box? Really? Well, read on and decide for yourself.

This OM4Ti was purchased new from B&H by Normal Nadel. Norman was a former member of this list, and decided to purchase "spares" of various items during the final days of the OM system, including this OM4Ti. Sadly, Norman developed health issues, and as a result decided to sell his OM system. I purchased the OM4Ti.

When I received it, I unpacked it, loaded a battery, tested the displays and shutter speeds, then removed the battery, placed the OM4Ti in a plastic bag, and stored it in a drawer. To my shame, I have not touched it again until now (but I do have other OM bodies). So the body has never had a film through it; it is still awaiting "first light".

The serial number is "2237xxx" (xxx=3 digits), which is quite high for the OM4Ti (i.e. a late model). Norman sent me a photocopy of the B&H invoice, which specifies this serial number. The date on the invoice is March 2002. I purchased the OM4Ti from Norman in February 2003. The code in the film chamber is "TNTA 13", which I think indicates a manufacturing date of October 2000 (but I may be wrong about that).

So what about price? I don't want to feel that I have sold it for too little, and you don't want to feel that you have paid too much. So, look on Ebay and elsewhere for the going rate for an OM4Ti in this condition, and offer what you think it is worth. I will do the same, and if your offer is near enough to my valuation, the OM4Ti is yours. Note: you will need to pay for insured delivery, plus any import duties, sales taxes, and customs clearance charges that may be due in your part of the world. And please don't ask me to insure it for x hundred pounds, but specify its value on the customs forms as ten pounds. The logical inconsistency of this would cause my head to explode.

If anyone is interested, please email me at one of the following addresses:

OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CyberSimian3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (note the suffix "3" in this address)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK