Re: [OM] Linux/Photoshop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux/Photoshop question
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:49:39 +0930
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 09:58:09AM -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Oops!  I just realized I've been very slow to realize a further
> complication which may ultimately control all.  My wife is very unlikely
> to accept running Linux.  That means Windows has to persist in some
> manner.  Ooops again!  Win 10 with all 20 "steal your personal data"
> settings turned off???

One part of the problem with the privacy toggles is that they are often
restored to 'normal' by  windows updates.

Safer-networking, the makers of the spyware/adware/malware killer
"Spybot Search and Destroy" have a free product (Anti-Beacon) that is
intended to maintain your privacy settings across these updates easily.
I haven't installed my new W10 machine as yet, so I've not yet used it in
anger.  :)

davidt