Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 13:45:12 -0700
On 6/17/2016 7:04 PM, DZDub wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I put at least as much effort into this image as any of my conventional
landscapes.I think it's on of the best things I've done. It got modest
approving responses. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=17900>

As far as I could tell, nobody much liked this, but I put a lot of work
into it and like it a lot. <
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13611>

So there's some sort of balancing act to do; make some images mostly for
me, and others that, while not particularly original, I feel are finely
crafted, and that generally please others.

I remember these.  For my part, I like the first because the composition
has an interesting line or movement to it.  Can't explain it much better.

Works for me, as that's one of the main things I was trying to achieve. The foreground of the original didn't work like that.

I like the blurry texture -- like looking through a steamy window.

Another use of shooting from afar through air over a hot landscape. An effect
that seems hard to achieve any other way.

The second doesn't interest me as a composition.  The sky is blah for me
and there is no symmetry to it.  The proportions of the parts just don't
work together in a way that interests me.

Ah. I kinda like the composition, perhaps because the image is for me all about forms, texture and the intimation of detail, and a strong composition would take attention away from that.

Quick reactions from me.  Don't take them too seriously as they are very
inadequate!

Not so! Quite helpful. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Better Informed Moose