Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO Optics Pro 11
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 10:14:20 -0500
> <<The other Moose knows more about Nikons and Wildlife shooting. Our
> <<Moose knows more about image-quality.
> Point taken, but there is a moderate amount of bias permissible in this
> situation.

I see the Meese as being of substantially different minds. Our Moose
approaches photography from an engineering perspective and creates
images based on the technology. the other Moose approaches photography
from a business perspective and learns the technology that he needs to
learn to create the images.

The other Moose teaches based on the perspective of getting the image
first and learning the technology second. While a very good way to go,
and highly recommended for teaching people the art of photography. But
the problem is that he teaches out of his successes. He approaches
from a deconstructive perspective: This picture is GREAT, this figure
out WHY.

Not a bad approach at all, but it's just one technique and it works
for some people. But it also leads down dangerous paths of copycatism.

AG Schnozz