Re: [OM] OM-D system gear, was: C-U Lens follies

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D system gear, was: C-U Lens follies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 20:08:57 -0700
On 5/10/2016 4:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
So, where is the OM-D system gear like the bellows, more macro lenses, focusing
stage, etc. etc.?

I suppose the marketplace, perhaps even gestalt, of photography is different now. But I also imagine that many others are like me, and already have much of that gear. I bought the second rail (with attached bellows spares) not because I didn't have one, but to make my photographic life more convenient. I can just grab the one with bellow or the one with focusing stage and get on with it. :-)

The old accessories mostly work well with an adapter on 4/3 and µ4/3 cameras. Focusing rail and stage and macrophoto stand work well with them. The biggest problem for the bellows is effective FLs. The 'normal' bellows lenses are long.

I like the long FL of the 60/2.8 macro, for working distance. Perhaps Oly hasn't made a shorter one because the market is small and Panny has 30/2.8 and 45/2.8.

Nostalgic Moose