Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies

Subject: Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 22:19:18 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
    The lens already gets to an impressive 0.25mag natively and thus must be
over
    0.8 with the diopter at 400mm.

My calcs are 0.8 for +2 and 0.6 for +1.5 (1.6 and 1.2, FF eq.). I guess I could
measure a $ bill and get an actual measurement. Not sure I care, as I've
already proved that in this case mag. doesn't equal detail resolution.

Yes, same calculation but I did not assume having the zoom at infinity focus
but at closest focus. M=FL prime/FL of diopter or  M= Diopter power *FL
(meters).

I did not think about all the connections in 3 tubes--wish there were  a MFT
gold contact longer one---the Canyon 100-400 II  IS is such a fabulous
flutterby lens on some extension--very reliable tubes are available--goes to
0.31 X natively.   I have only put on the 3  MFT tubes once and it worked the
second time with a small amount of fussing.

Mike