Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies

Subject: Re: [OM] C-U Lens follies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 16:54:52 -0700
On 5/1/2016 2:11 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
This is always the case if the prime lens is focused at infinity. The C-U lens must produce parallel rays to simulate infinity and that can only happen when the C-U lens is at its own focal length from the subject.

Sounds right.

But then again, I've discovered over the last few years that all sorts of given knowledge inherited from MF film days, or simply unquestioned over many years isn't exactly what I learned. Really casually done hand held landscape panoramas (and interiors, per Philippe) work very well, diffraction effects on resolution are far less pernicious than I had thought, deconvolution 'sharpening' shouldn't help with diffraction softening, but it does, hand held focus stacking works, just for a few examples.

So when the chance presents itself, I check. :-)

Experiential Moose