Re: [OM] GPS info required

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS info required
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:19:02 -0700
On 4/29/2016 10:49 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
OTOH now that I've learned how to Import from Device then Export to .gpx file, I don't need anything else. The output is just .gpx files. So far, I've used Geosetter. LR will also do it. Garmin's BaseCamp software should do it, as well, but is again not straightforward, so I've not actually used it.
Once you have a gpx file you might try:

"a" gpx file? I've been geotracking for years. I have more than a few. :-)

Google Earth Pro, now a free download. Might want to convert to kml.

<http://www.google.com/earth/download/gep/agree.html>

Or you can use Joey'e gmap4. It allows geotagged clickable thumbs. A steep
learning curve but powerful.

I created this map which allows one to follow progress on the map in real time. Eventually I will have the NPS folks include POI interpretation sites on the map.

<http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=48.535241,-123.079704&z=11&t=h&q=http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Trails/maps/webmap1_MapToKML.kmz>

Note the kmz file I host. One can simply substitute the appropriate kmz, tags and coordinates in the above link to create your own map. I did not force the phone gps in this link but it is easy enough to include a tag to do it and it is included in the QR codes at trailheads.

I'll install Earth Pro. But for the rest, you are doing stuff, impressive stuff, that's far beyond any needs I have now. I just want to accurately geotag my images.

I see these trails in OpenCycleMap. Your doing?

Now Where Was That Moose