Re: [OM] Lightroom or Photoshop

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom or Photoshop
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:06:20 -0500
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I haven't upgraded to LR CC yet, because I was unsure of my job situation
> > and didn't want to get my library updated to something I may not be able
> > pay for in a couple of months. But now that I'm employed again, I will
> > probably go ahead.
>
> Huh?
>
> If you are paying your monthly dues, you get the full-blown LR CC
> upgrade as part of the subscription. As long as your computer supports
> it (my laptop doesn't, but my desktop does), do the LR CC install.

I know. But when you install and start to use it, it imports your library
file and updates it to the CC version. My concern was that if things got to
the point where I had to drop my CC subscription, I'd lose the work that
I'd done since the library file is not backwards-compatible with my
standalone version.

I'm going to install LRCC this coming week and let it do the import/upgrade.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie