Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:40:54 -0400
Follow Steve's advice and run MEMTEST 86 <http://www.memtest86.com/> for about 24 hours before declaring there is no hardware problem. Memory or any other hardware problem can be very intermittent.

Also, the fact that you don't see the problem with a different OS or a different mode may be intermittency or simply the fact that different areas of memory are being used in those modes. MEMTEST 86 will do a thorough test of all system memory. Allow MEMTEST to do lots of pattern testing. Whether an error occurs in memory can be due to specific bit patterns in use.

Chuck Norcutt