Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Win7 Problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:17:54 -0700
On 3/25/2016 11:35 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      No, just the usual HD in a tray and two memory strips (it's a Dell
Inspiron 6000).  . . .

I suspect you misunderstand. Many (most?) premade computers come with one or two extra, small, separate partitions on the one physical HD. They hold some sort of stuff the manufacturer thinks is important, for recovery and ???

So, for example, my netbook+ has a 12 GB "Recovery Partition" and a 100 MB "System Reserved Partition". As they aren't assigned drive letters by default, they don't show up in Windoze Explorer and other such things. You have to dive down into Control Panel=>Administrative Tools=>Computer Management=>Storage=>Disk Management to see the partitions.

I suspect the Recovery Partition is to allow resetting the whole machine to it's original condition. As I built my desktop from bits, it doesn't have such things.

What that might have to do with your problem, I have no idea; just clarifying
what was being asked.

I Can See Moose